Pay at the Door
“Pay on arrival” system, also known as “cash on delivery” or “pay at the door,” allows customers to make a reservation without immediate payment and settle the payment upon arrival at their destination.
Here’s how the “pay on arrival” system works for reservations:
- When making a reservation, customers can choose the “pay on arrival” option. This option is commonly available on online booking platforms or can be selected when making a reservation through a phone call or email.
- Customers provide all the necessary details for the reservation, including the preferred dates, accommodation preferences, and any additional requirements or services.
- Once the reservation is confirmed, customers receive a booking confirmation that includes the details of the reservation, such as the total amount to be paid upon arrival.
- On the day of arrival, customers should ensure they have the necessary cash or acceptable form of payment ready. When they arrive at the destination, they will proceed to the designated location or check-in counter to complete the payment.
- The accommodation provider or representative will be expecting the customers and will assist them with the check-in process. Customers will settle the payment and receive any relevant documentation or keys for their stay.
The “pay on arrival” system offers flexibility to customers, allowing them to secure their reservation without immediate payment. It provides the convenience of making the payment upon reaching the destination, giving customers a chance to review and inspect the accommodation or services before finalizing the payment.
It’s important to note that some accommodation providers may require a small deposit or credit card information to secure the reservation, which will be communicated during the booking process. It’s advisable to carefully review the specific terms and conditions of the reservation and contact the provider directly if there are any questions or clarifications needed.
We hope this information helps!