Accommodation Options in Jordan
Jordan offers a variety of accommodation options to cater to different preferences and budgets.
Here are some popular choices:
- Hotels: Jordan has a range of hotels, from budget-friendly options to luxury establishments. In major cities like Amman, Aqaba, and Petra, you can find internationally recognized hotel chains, boutique hotels, and local guesthouses. These hotels provide various amenities, including comfortable rooms, on-site restaurants, swimming pools, and fitness centers.
- Bedouin Camps: For a unique desert experience, consider staying in a Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum. These camps offer the opportunity to sleep in traditional Bedouin-style tents and experience Bedouin hospitality. Enjoy stargazing, camel rides, traditional meals, and cultural performances in the stunning desert landscape.
- Eco-Lodges: Jordan is known for its natural beauty, and eco-lodges provide a sustainable and immersive experience. These accommodations are designed to blend with the environment, offering eco-friendly practices and a close connection to nature. Some eco-lodges are located in nature reserves or near popular hiking trails, providing easy access to outdoor activities.
- Guesthouses: In some cities and towns, you can find guesthouses or smaller family-run accommodations. These provide a more personal and intimate experience, allowing you to interact with locals and gain insights into Jordanian culture. Guesthouses often offer comfortable rooms, home-cooked meals, and a welcoming atmosphere.
- Resorts: Jordan is home to several resorts, particularly in areas like the Dead Sea and the Red Sea coastal region of Aqaba. These resorts offer a range of facilities and services, including private beaches, swimming pools, spa facilities, and water sports activities. They are ideal for travelers seeking relaxation and luxury.
- Desert Camps: In addition to Bedouin camps in Wadi Rum, there are also desert camps in other areas, such as the Dana Biosphere Reserve and the Azraq Wetland Reserve. These camps provide rustic accommodation options, allowing you to experience the unique desert landscapes and wildlife up close.
- Historic Hotels: Jordan has some historic hotels that offer a glimpse into the country’s rich heritage. These hotels are often converted from old buildings with architectural significance, such as former palaces or renovated heritage homes. Staying in a historic hotel adds a touch of charm and nostalgia to your experience.
When choosing accommodation in Jordan, consider factors such as location, proximity to attractions, amenities, and your budget.